FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Feb 22, 2010

from the ME files

Friends, enemies, and people who are just sort of hanging around: guess what? Final Girl was nominated for a "Best Blog" Rondo Award! This link (will take you to the massive ballot where you can get your vote on...it's truly an honor to be nominated again this year. Congrats to all the nominees!

Wow. So very harsh. Always so very harsh. I mean, my mom might care! It's not as if I'm going to go on and on about it, I just thought I'd throw it out there and acknowledge the fact that I was nominated because the Rondos are pretty fucking cool. That's all!

In other Are You Sick of Me Yet, Because I Am news, there's an interview with moi running today over at Fatally Yours as part of Sarah Jahier's month-long series honoring women in horror for...umm...Women in Horror Month. I have a vagina and a horror blog, so I qualify. READ! my thoughts on gender in horror! MARVEL! at the ways I feel torn on the issues! SEE! Charles Nelson Reilly continue to keep it real! THANKS! to Sarah for including me!

If you are anywhere near Athens, Georgia this weekend, then perhaps you should consider checking out the Women in Horror Film Festival. Andrew Shearer of the mighty Gonzoriffic is hosting a night of horror shorts by womenfolk as his contribution to WiH Month, which is pretty damn cool of him. I've seen many of the movies that will be screening, and they're pretty fucking rad. Also included will be my very own Taste of Flesh, Taste of Fear...and Lip Stick, which I co-directed with Shannon Lark. I really wish I could be there for a night of horror movies and, like, communing and stuff. I haven't even seen Lip Stick yet, so if any of you go, let me know how it is, will ya?

7 comments:

Midnight Fright said...

I write for Fatally-Yours! I adore Sarah, as she's a pretty stellar editor...and since you're pretty much awesome yourself, I'll be sure to give it a read pronto.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the nom and the upcoming festival. Is there a way to check out the list of films playing this program?

Stacie Ponder said...

Indeed (and thanks)- click the link up yonder for the fest...should take you to the Facebook event page. The directors' names are listed, and the photo gallery features stills with the film titles.

Unknown said...

Awesome, I will check some of these sites out and see if any of the directors would let us show their films at our Boston events.

We screened Death in Charge at our inaugural screening. I loved that short and Devi is the raddest woman.

the jaded viewer said...

Congrats...you do know if they make a movie about female horror bloggers your gonna be #1 on that list right?

Stacie Ponder said...

Ha, thanks!

What a boring movie that would be!

I Like Horror Movies said...

Very nice, big congrats Stacie!