Can you feel it in the air? Can you dig it? It's October, y'all! Wait, scratch that- it's SHOCKTOBER! Time to buy your fake eyeballs at the grocery store, time for the crunch of leaves and the rustle of cellophane on the boxes of Ben Cooper costumes.
Okay, so I live on the lower left coast, where the leaves don't change until January (if they change at all)...and Ben Cooper costumes are a thing of the way way past. Just let me have my Halloween-time delusions, won't you? It's the most wonderful time of the year!
The horror blogging community seems to agree, and most everybody's got plenty of tricks and treats in store for your ass this month. Behold...IF YOU DARE!
- Arbogast on Film will once again delightfully deconstruct 31 screams in 31 days
- Things that don't suck include 31 Days of Horror at Things That Don't Suck
- Cinema Suicide is posting a month's worth of Halloween trivia
- It's Shocktober Classics time at Classic Horror, new reviews every weekday
- The Vault of Horror is exploring the Naughtie Aughties year-by-year
- Get in the mood for the season with Day of the Woman as she explores the bits and pieces that add up to Halloween
- Fascination With Fear will be gettin' its quote on all month long
- Countdown to Halloween with a sweet-smellin' potpourri of bloggers at...umm...Countdown to Halloween
- Cinema Fromage is running a serialized horror story all month: Long Harvest
- There's more counting down with countdown participant The Drunken Severed Head