FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Oct 16, 2009

awesome movie poster friday - the SHOCKTOBER PART 1 edition!

Things, as SHOCKTOBER continues apace:
  • To see the posters for Audrey Rose, getcher archive on and check out the Crap I Bought on VHS Recently edition.
  • For Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? posters, go back in time and visit the Hag Horror edition.
  • All those bitchin' posters are really making me want to watch Dracula A.D. 1972 again! In particular, the Italian poster with all the bikini-clad girls is just gorge. And why don't theaters feature "horrorituals" anymore? Let's bring 'em back! I want an honorary membership card.
  • The poster for the Americanized titling of Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Don't Open the Window, is one of the worst posters I've ever seen. It has nothing to do with the plot, and it's completely misleading- who are those people featured in the photos? Chloe Sevigny and Shelley Winters? Whoever they are, they're not in the film. And way to rip off the tag line from Last House on the Left, right down to lifting the graphic from that movie's poster!

























5 comments:

Mr Shrubber said...

The German title of Dracula A.D. 1972 is hilarious: "Dracula chases girls in mini skirts"!

Anonymous said...

That first "Dracula A.D. 1972" poster is (And I can't believe I am using this word) "Pimptastic".

perchingpath said...

I've always wondered how those Dracula 1972 posters came about- did the distributors only get one promo still of Lee to work with?

Also, I like how the Japanese Black House poster shows that tagline ellipsis-abuse knows no language barrier.

Anonymous said...

You know, the fourth cover from the top is why I was never interested in that movie. It looked really chintzy, and that was the cover art. Your review now has me totally interested, but man, what a bad cover/poster.

Now the ones above it? Those make me want to see it ASAP.

Uncle Wheat Toast said...

these posters are fantastic