FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jul 22, 2009

talk amongst yourselves!

I don't know what my problem is lately, but I've been having difficulty making up my mind about...everything. Maybe it's the onset of summer's scorching heat, which leaves one feeling as if one resides within a tramp's tube sock. Maybe it's my brain shutting down to reserve energy in anticipation of the coming weeks, which will be busy busy biz-ZAY. Whatever the cause, it's resulted in my spending a lot more time than usual staring off into space. It all goes something like this:
  1. I look at my movies, trying to figure out what to watch
  2. I can't decide between A, B, C and so on through ZZZ
  3. Thinking becomes too much work
  4. Brain go MEHHHH
  5. Sit down
  6. Stare off into space trying to try to decide to decide
Blah blah blah. I did manage to make it to a press screening of Orphan, however, and I really dug it...so, you know, whatevs. Go see it! It's fun with a capital no really it was. Speaking of orphans, I did manage to recently watch Safe Harbor starring Tracey Gold, wherein she portrays a tough-as-nails-but-totally-vulnerable-underneath-said-tough-veneer detective tracking a serial killer who targets former residents of a children's home. I hate to say it, but not even the idea of Tracey Gold as a tough-as-nails-but-totally-vulnerable-underneath-said-tough-veneer detective could save that stinker. I knew who the killer was the first time the killer appeared onscreen, and it was all a bit rote. Sigh. 'Twas a disappointment, but such is life.

Anyishouldwatchfaceofeviltomakeupforthatsafeharborshit, I'm only telling you all this because I'm sitting here trying to decide when to depart for San Diego Comic Con. I can't make up my mind, although I need to rather soon since...you know, the con has already started. I may leave late tonight...or tomorrow...or tomorrow night...or..................brain go MEHHHH.

But! I know for a fact that no matter when I leave, I'm 99.9999992% positive that I won't be posting any more until I return next week. I hope to catch the screening of Trick R Treat while I'm there, so I'll come back and tell you allllllll about it. I have no idea what else I'll be doing at the con- that's just way too much planning in advance and THINKING for me right now.

I know you'll miss me so effing much you'll hardly be able to stand it (and I you, kids...and I you), but fret not, pretties! Here are some Dallas paper dolls you can print out and play with while I'm gone. They'll keep you company as only paper drawings of Dallas cast members can.

Savvy readers (ie all of you) will SURELY note that Sue Ellen's black and white dress is the number she was wearing the night she was arrested for shooting JR. I mean, a-DOY.

Savvy readers will also note that under all his tough talk and shady business practices, that JR is a true patriot.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what country are the paper dolls from? (I'm guessing somewhere in Scandinavia...)

Anyway, have fun at Comic Con. I wish I could go, but I'd just end up stalking David Tennant and Noel Fielding. :P (I DO get to stalk Ray Park at the one in Chicago....)

Bill Walsh said...

Godspeed, fair Ponder.

Would love to join you there. San Diego is lovely. Hit the zoo two or three times for me.

Not literally.

Anonymous said...

If you do go to Comic-Con, you should try to check out this great little doc Zombie Girl, about a 12-year-old girl from Austin, Texas, who, inspired by Peter Jackson, makes her own zombie movie. A feature no less. It'll charm you into a puddle!

Freya said...

I will give you a suggestion! Please watch Saw, didn't see it in your archives. I want to read your review!

spazmo said...

Bobby Ewing is looking awfully yellow. He could pass for a Matt Groening character.

And Stacie, there's nothing wrong with staring into space and pondering the abyss. In fact your very name could be constructed from just three words in that previous sentence. Embrace it!

And be careful. It's the summer of death, you know. (DUN!)

Zombie Cupcake said...

You are not a big lame. You are an "enigmatic mastermind" :D http://fangoria.com/features/21-fearful-features/3389-the-importance-of-horror-blogging.html

Missy Y. (formerly A Case of You) said...

Ah, shit. That's what I get for going back in time. I am rewatching Dallas AT THIS VERY MINUTE, and I managed to forget who shot JR; though, admittedly, I was thinking Sue Ellen. And now it's all ruined. Sigh. Yes, I know it says "beware yon spoilers," but come on.

And this has nothing to do with horror.

Hmm....

Amy Steel is now a therapist in CA. Did you know this?

What? It's sort of horror-related now, right?

Shamos said...

LOVE the Sue Ellen & Pam! Has me wanting to commission you for a Friday the 13th Part 3-Chris Higgins paper doll!