FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jul 29, 2009

Post-SDCC wrap-up extravaganza

So the 4.5-day nerd prom known as "San Diego Comic-Con" has come and gone for another year. I was there the entire time, and now I'd like to give you a glimpse into all that transpired. There were hundreds of thousands of people in attendance, celebrities galore, panels and previews of upcoming films and shows, and more nerdy crap to buy than could ever be wished for by someone who loves to buy nerdy crap. Pull up your pants and hang on, kids, 'cause here's my big post-show rundown! It's all the very definition of EXCITEMENT.
  • I ate gelato
  • I attended no panels
  • I saw Ron Moore going into a restaurant and I had to contain my geekery
  • What do you mean, you don't know who Ron Moore is?
  • I foisted Ludlow on my friends
  • Said friends are still talking to me, so I suppose that's good
  • I attended no parties
  • I did some work, shooting footage for a something something that will be announced soon
  • I really didn't do much except hang out with my friends I only see at SDCC, as they live on the other side of the country
  • Two of said friends got married on Sunday and it was really nice and I was totally crying like a baby
  • This display was most unexpected and embarrassing
  • Wait, I didn't cry- I didn't mean that. I am a cynical and jaded horror fan and being happy for your friends is dumb
  • I ate more gelato
  • I got a sunburn on the ride home because I'm still not used to living somewhere that requires the use of sunblock 360 days a year
  • I miss gelato
And there you go. Aren't you sad you weren't there? It's alright, friend. The rock star life isn't for everyone.

8 comments:

spazmo said...

Sounds like you had fun. I must've been thinking about you last night, because in my dream I found myself in your apartment, which was made of solid limestone, and the rooms and hallways were cramped and narrow like in "The Descent", and at some point I started panicking, because you were on your way home and I didn't want to get caught like some crazy stalker, but I couldn't find the freakin' way out. At one point I squeezed through a little fissure and found your bedroom, and I accidentally knocked a book off your nightstand - it was this really thick paperback called "Nestea: the Complete History of Nestle Iced Tea", and when I woke up, I was really thirsty.

Stacie Ponder said...

Oh my gahd...should I ever become a gazillionaire, I will demand a house built entirely of limestone!

William Kretschmer said...

Yeah, I'm sad I wasn't there.
But we do have gealto here where I live...

Anonymous said...

Wait--where was the gelato? All I ever saw was the ubiquitous Mrs. Fields cookies!

I'm glad I finally got to see Trick r Treat on Thursday night, though. That was almost worth the entire cost of going.

Stacie Ponder said...

There was a fine ass gelato place practically across the street from our hotel...and they had mint chocolate chip, which meant I stopped there many times to partake.

I'm so fucking lame I missed Trick r Treat.

Wait, I mean I'm so COOL I missed it. Yeah...passed out on gelato!

Wait, I mean passed out on BOOZE.

Yeah.

Anonymous said...

Oh God, I love gelato...

Although after seeing the cosplay pictures on IGN, I wish I could've seen that excellent Jasper Hale (Or for those who don't follow "Twilight", that blonde vampire who doesn't say much aka 'Harpo') cosplayer. He has that stare down PERFECTLY.

Anonymous said...

Yay, someone who attended even fewer panels than myself. ;) Although I did actually manage to attend the Fear Clinic panel.

The best part of the con was certainly hanging out with friends...

and booze.

Which happens to be the reason I missed the Trick r Treat screenin. Curse those girly flavored martini's.

Jason Adams said...

I spent all week eating frozen yogurt while crying on my floor in Queens. That's almost the same thing, so I'm cool too, right?

My happiest memory from the one SDCC I've been to (several years ago) was having to run out of the middle of a panel one morning and only making it to one of the trash cans in the hallway before I vomited my guts out from having gotten trashed the night before. There was a Wookie standing right beside me as I heaved. It was glorious.