FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jul 6, 2009

LUDLOW needs YOU!

Alright, people, this is it. As you may well be aware because I won't shut up about it, Ludlow is finished. It's been slapped on a DVD and screened for some friends. In fact, I thought I'd reached a time when it would no longer rule my days and haunt my nights...and I'm sure you all thought you could just watch the fucking thing and be done with it, right? That's nice, in theory, but...



See, the final cut of the film turned out to be a whopping 63 minutes. 63 MINUTES, a result that was rather unexpected, to say the least. After all, the script was only 20 pages.

Now, as you may notice, 63 minutes is quite close to the running time of a feature film, yes? And a wee too long a run time for a comfortable short, yes? Yes. Obviously, this only means one thing: I need to write some more, shoot some more, and make Ludlow longer. I need to expand the elastic waistband on the comfortable short(s) and make this into a feature, which will be easier to get into the grubby mitts of audiences. Stronger, faster, better!

Shannon Lark (ze star) will be back here in Los Angeles in early August. Once more, we're going to truck out into the Mojave Desert and, barring any typical Ludlow-related shananigans, we're gonna finish this puppy.


Here's where you come in, o dear reader. We need to raise funds to complete our arduous task. Travel, lodging, FX, these all need to be covered, so we're asking for donations.

Donate $10 and your name gets in the credits of the film. The person who donates the most by Friday, August 7th will also receive a 16" x 20" painting by me, subject matter of the donor's choosing.

Yes, I feel a bit presumptuous offering up a painting by me as a "prize", but I have no idea what else to offer. Check out my work here to see if that's something you'd be into.

We don't need much money, but we do need some. All proceeds will go towards the making of Ludlow- however, should we receive money over the amount we need to finish the film, it'll go towards whatever's next on our slate- and Shannon and I have a good four projects lined up to make together.

Any amount will help. Alright, frankly a penny won't help that much, but I'll still take it and give you my eternal gratitude in return.

Now, if you're saying "That's all fine and good, but you haven't shown us crap beyond that teaser trailer. What am I getting myself into? I don't even know what this movie is about!" Well, here's what the skinny be, as best as I can tell ya...or Heidi at Pretty/Scary can tell ya, 'cause she told it just right:
Shot in the California desert in just a few days under grueling circumstances, Ludlow's plot involves a woman (Shannon Lark) stalked by her abusive ex boyfriend and aided by a well-meaning sister (Elissa Dowling) which quickly turns deadly.
There you go. And here's a little clip. Oh, this shit is NSFW, but then so is Final Girl, so...



So. Give if you can, or if you want to, even if it's only well-wishes. Repost this or link to it on your own website and spread the indie horror love. The movie-making flame BURNS!





17 comments:

Patrick said...

All right, I guess I could spare some money for this, on one condition: If I donate the most and get that painting, it's got to be of me and Christopher Lee teaming up to fight Dr. Doom riding MechaGodzilla. And we both have baseball bats. That would be so cool!

Oh, I love the stuff I've seen of Ludlow. Is there any way we could buy the film as it is now?

The Reviewkeeper said...

Done. Good luck with getting everything finished. I know what a Herculean task getting a movie done can be, and I've never been involved with anything longer than 30 minutes.

Stacie Ponder said...

You guys are awesome, thanks!!

Man, that painting sounds...incredible. Why hasn't Christopher Lee fought Dr Doom before? It's a natural face off! :D

It's all come together so quickly...I was surprised, to say the least, that we ended up with pretty much a feature in 2 days. And that it got edited so quickly...and the composer (James M Barry) put together a complete score in about 4 days...

Unknown said...

Donated. Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Paige Poe said...

Donated, because I believe! Good luck; can't wait to see the finished film.

Stacie Ponder said...

You guys are so unbelievably rad I can't even take it. CAN'T. EVEN.

Johnny said...

Gonna try to scrape some money together for ya. In the meantime, I added this story to the hit list on the sidebar on my blog so I hope that helps to bring in some more funds!

goblin said...

Oooohh, 'Ludlow' looks really intriguing! There's definitely a David Lynch vibe to it. I'll see if my broke-ass self can afford to help finance the reshoot.

Stacie Ponder said...

Ha! Mentioning Mr Lynch in the same sentence as me is quite an honor, so thanks.

When the composer and I were watching footage and talking music, there came a time in the film when he turned to me and said, "Okay, this is the point in the movie where even David Lynch is confused."

I hope that's a good thing! :D

goblin said...

"Okay, this is the point in the movie where even David Lynch is confused."

Okay, now I want to see the film, like, right now! That quote sounds like sweet, sweet music to my ears. :D

Anonymous said...

wow. ludlow looks fantastic!

MaryKate said...

Donated! I felt compelled to give since I love Final Girl and Ludlow is the name of my favorite street in my hometown. It was a sign.

Stacie Ponder said...

I don't care what all the others say about you...you guys are the freakin' best!

:D

AcademicLurker said...

Donated.

Can I list "Hollywood film magnate" on my resume now?

Good luck. The bits of Ludlow I've seen so far rock.

rob! said...

Done-ated! And if I win, I want a painting of Rainbeaux Smith hugging the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Anonymous said...

Is there any other way to send donations, of cash, to like an address/PO Box??

acbleach said...

Donated. Looking forward to the final cut (whoooo)!