FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jul 15, 2009

art imitates life

Gosh, the newest poster for Sorority Row (yanked from Bloody-Disgusting, obvs) really takes me back to my college years.

Ahh yes, so clear are the memories! I miss those halcyon days, all the times my sorority sisters and I would lie around in a nearly-nude-yet-totally-unsexual pile, wearing all the makeup we collectively owned while our sorority house burned and burned behind us. And before you ask- YES, I was always the chick who was staring off into space instead of looking at the camera like everyone else was. Ha ha ha, what a ma-roon!

11 comments:

Ghoul Friday said...

I think we went to the same sorority, because I have pictures with the same poses. Who knew?

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

They look like a pile of tangled and thoroughly-photoshopped snakes.

Stacie Ponder said...

Frankly, it's the worst horror movie poster I've seen in a long time. Not that you'd even KNOW it's a horror movie by looking at it...PUKE.

Paul Arrand Rodgers said...

Forget genre, it's one of the worst movie posters I've seen in a long time. A people pasgetti in front of a burning house does not a promising movie make.

Jason Adams said...

It ought to be a giant picture of Carrie Fisher puking into a martini glass. THAT would make me see this movie.

Monster Scholar said...

The lighting is horrible and makes some of the girls look like badly gussied up drag queens.

Anonymous said...

I think I liked Rumer's OTHER movie where she was a sorority sister, "The House Bunny". Where she was a girl wearing a back brace who was too afraid to take it off, until a gag referencing "Forest Gump" gives her the courage to live without it. (That, and her friend with a screwdriver...)

However, this just doesn't look as entertaining as "The House Bunny".

RC said...

Am I the only one imagining the bottom girl's head caving in under the weight? Splat! ...and then there were five.

The Portland Review said...

I can't believe Carrie Fisher is in this. I can forgive her, but...man, you are TESTING me, Leia.

Jeff McMahon said...

This is some bullcrap. A bunch of basically-identical fashion models tossed on top of each other? Yeah, I guess it appeals to Maxim readers, but how about a little something for the target audience?!

Slyde said...

You too?

cool, i thought it was just me...