FINAL GIRL explores the slasher flicks of the '70s and '80s...and all the other horror movies I feel like talking about, too. This is life on the EDGE, so beware yon spoilers!

Jun 28, 2005

I'm back, I swear!


I hope you don't think I'm running out of steam for this blog already...because I'm not! I'm just a travelin' fool!

I spent the last 5 days on a big road trip down to Charlotte, NC for Heroes Con, a super-sweet comic book convention. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a huge comics fan, and I'm also trying to break into the comics business as an inker (I've got lots of upcoming projects I could blah blah blah about).

To keep this somewhat on topic, above is a sketch I got from the uber-amazing artist (and one of my favorites) Mike Ploog, whose work can be found in the 1970's classic Marvel horror comic Werewolf By Night, as well as Ghost Rider and Man-Thing. And while I haven't seen the Man-Thing movie yet (my kingdom for cable TV!), I've heard about it's wretchedness, and when asked, Mr. Ploog gave it a huge thumbs-down.

I had a great time at the con, met lots of people, bought lots of comics and art...and if the Man-Thing sketch isn't enough to tide you over until my next real post, here's a picture of my favorite movie psycho lurking behind a tree. Some camper is probably fornicating...Angela does not approve!

1 comment:

Carnacki said...

Werewolf by Night and the early Ghost Rider were among my top favorites. I always thought the Werewolf by Night stories were the coolest thing as a kid. I had them from the first issue and quite a few after (sadly long gone).